Saturday, April 16, 2005

Gonzo digs in....

In the spirit of Gonzo journalism I dedicate this site to the truth. I don't care to assassinate anyone's character. I believe that however misguided the motives and actions, everyone is trying to be happy. I want them to be happy. However, happiness requires freedom. Freedom requires truth. And albeit I may just be handling political issues of the day, there is truth in that, and to a degree happiness. A political system that recognizes the inherent worth and value of all it's citizens, and protects those freedoms, allows for a great deal of happiness. I believe that is what our government was aiming at when it established the Constitution and Bill of Rights. I also believe that same intent was there at the time of the Declaration of Independence. Interestingly enough, today we are on the threshold of church/state issues that are what drove the framers of our Republic's documents to write what they did. It is time to stop the sedition, nay, treason that is infecting our freedom. I may use strong language, but I will present facts. Facts you may or may not disagree with. I will also tell you where I got those facts. For example, Pat Robertson appeared on FOX News on March 31, and either lied, or grossly mislead the viewing audience. He stated a certain doctor, who's name he got wrong not once, but twice, was a Nobel Prize winner. I looked it up. I learned that not only was he not a winner, he was never legitimately nominated. I learned that from the Nobel web site. I also looked up this doctors testimony in a court case in Florida. The judge called him self promoting, as he presented nothing to substantiate his claims nor his credentials, particularly regarding the Nobel prize. That's the detail I am talking about. Truth. Because plenty of right wing TV and radio heads paraded this doctor as a Nobel nominate, which is patently false. It undermines the credibility of the news presenters. Are they not checking their sources? If not, what would be their motive in making a false claim? If so, how could they present something so wrong? What else could they be presenting that is wrong? How can I trust that source? I won't do that. Truth isn't partisan. Neither are ethics. And the religious folk tell me that God isn't either. His followers are another matter....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home